Tuesday, 28 April 2009

A letter to Phil

Dear Phil

Thank you so much for your help today upgrading my mobile phone. I thought I was going to have a horrible decision between crappy phones but you've really made my day.

When I dialled 150 and got through to you I was greeted by your happy, buoyant tones and friendly demeanour and from there it only got better. You listened to my rambling about my previous phone ownership and usage and suggested some expensive phones by HTC (my current/old phones manufacturer) to which I said "Gasp!". Then you said the fateful words:

"We have some Blackberries which are free"

You offered me the 8210 and then the lovely 8220... The Pearl - Flip. I was overjoyed as you might expect until you pointed out that it would actually be £17 to upgrade to that phone. Heartbroken I realised I'd have to wait until tomorrow so I could put some money in the bank. That is until you checked what talkplan I was on and that if I upgraded to a plan which was more suitable for me you could give me the phone for free! Not only that but the contract was £5 cheaper which fit in nicely with the Blackberry data plan's cost.

So thanks Phil. You're lovely. Tomorrow I'll get a shiny new phone and my communication life will be good. Hell you even told me where you work all the way up in Darlington which I think shows we had a rapport going on. If you're ever in Brighton again I'll buy you a pint.

Yours lovingly

Albull

No comments: